Please post this….

From: [email protected]
Subject:Please post this….

Love your website! Please post this:

I was born in Philadelphia, but moved far away in my 20′s for almost a 10 years, and now that I’m back in Philadelphia, I can honestly say that I’m truly disappointed and disgusted in Philadelphia and one day I will leave again for good.

What people are saying on this website is all true. Philadelphia is going down the drain. Back in the 70′s, and further back, Philadelphia use to be made up of working class blue collar people who took pride in their communities, but today, many working blue collar jobs are gone, and people from the old generation/guard either moved, or died. So now, unfortunately, many areas have just fell to pieces and in many parts of the city (pretty much everywhere!) illegal drugs have moved in, particularly, heroin.

And aside from the drugs, the city is depressing as there are so many buildings and homes that are dilapidated and trash is everywhere. Add in all the crime, then there is no point in leaving your home. Hell, many students I have spoken to who went to Temple each and every one of them was robbed at some point during their college years.

As far as people, I don’t know why, but, Philadelphians are a very rude and nasty group of people who take kindness for a weakness. People from Philly seem to take pleasure in being rude to people for no reason and it stretches all the way out into the suburbs. People don’t smile or nothing, and people give you these blank cold stares. It’s part of the culture now, so Philly needs to be refereed to as the “city of hate” from now on because that’s all people do around here.

Also, I meet so many people from Philly that have no life and no personality. People here just lack charisma and are dead to me. Just walking zombies no matter how well they seem to be doing in life.. All people do in Philly is work, obsess about about sports, and obsess over their own personal boring family life. No matter how old people are around here most Philadelphians have no idea that life even exist outside of philly because they have never even visited the next state over, let alone visited other exotic counties full of rich and ancient culture like I have.

In the end, Philly is dying and everything is going to go from bad to WORSE if things don’t change anytime soon! Philly needs a massive injection of art, culture, hope, inspiration, a once over with a bulldozer in the crime ridden areas, and young people who will lay off the drugs and will work hard to rebuild their communities to get back to pre 1950′s success/status.

8 Responses to Please post this….

1. Ron says:

” No matter how old people are around here most Philadelphians have no idea that life even exist outside of philly because they have never even visited the next state over, let alone visited other exotic counties full of rich and ancient culture like I have.

People don’t smile or nothing, and people give you these blank cold stares. It’s part of the culture now, so Philly needs to be refereed to as the “city of hate” from now on because that’s all people do around here.”

No truer words have ever been spoken.

I was born here, left, and then returned to this city 12 years ago for work. And I can’t wait to leave again. Philadelphia is the saddest city I have ever lived in; full of insecurity, ignorance and anger.

And what’s really sad is that the people here don’t even realize this because they live in total denial.

The only thing I can say about this city that I like is old and historical architecture. It’s some of the most gorgeous architecture ever.

Love your website. And thank you for sharing truth about Philadelphia.

2. matt says:

I agree 100%. I’m born, raised here and have lived in other parts of the country and traveled to other parts of the world. The people here are medieval serfs. Totally ignorant and clueless about most of what goes on in the world. Three more years and I am out of this shithole.

3. Mike V. says:

I moved away in my 20s also, to California. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. People are actually nice and happy. I fucking hate people from Philly. They are scumbags.

4. Andrew says:

You have articulated my thoughts perfectly.

I had a very similar experience when I lived in Philly for 5 years. I wasn’t born and raised there, but coming from another state was a shock on how disgusting some of the people there act.

Overall, its sad, it really is a pretty city. Mild weather, nice buildings, but the people are the trash. No wonder the crime is so high, and the educational system is horrible.

Moved 2 years ago, don’t regret it.

5. Casey says:

I too share all of the sentiments expressed by people on this website, including:

*Philadelphia is the filthiest city I have ever visited. People toss litter on the ground right in front of their own houses;

*I am surprised that the streets don’t flow with sputum because everyone spits;

*The language that people use (especially women) in conversation…every vulgarism and curse word that would make a sailor blush;

Colonel Saito described Philadelphian’s when referring to the British in the movie Bridge Over the River Kwai: “You are defeated, but you have no shame. You are stubborn, but have no pride. You endure, but you have no courage.”

6. pat says:

This is good for many laughs.It took me 30 years to
    break free of the Philly attytood.Believe it or not,it
    was a great place to grow up in the 60s.You had a real
    street education by the end of 8th grade,no guns,no
    shitbag gangsta punks,just deal with people who bugged
    you and it was over.People here don’t realize that their natural mannerisms are odd to outsiders.I was always told that I talk funny,my wife’s not from here
    and I never realized it,or cared.Don’t judge all people from here because of crap you hear on TV about
    the horde of obnoxious,beer gutted,high fiving zeroes
    and their drunken stupors,causing trouble and dumping
    all their money to support useless millionaires who
    are satisfied with mediocrity.This city has become
    ruined by blight,drugs and indifference as evidenced
    by once nice neighborhoods trashed by human scum with
    no regard for anyone.It’s the sign of modern times and
    Philly has lost something which will not be retrieved.

7. Anonymous says:

I was born here and still live here. Everyday here is hell.

8. Cee says:

I was born here and still live here. Everyday here is hell. You are exactly right about this city.